The Market Leading Flexible Filament
NinjaFlex flexible filament leads the industry thanks to its superior flexibility and longevity compared to non-polyurethane materials. Its consistency in diameter and ovality (roundness) outpaces other polyurethane materials.
Made from a specially formulated thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) material, this patented technology boasts a low-tack, easy-to-feed texture. The result is uniquely flexible, strong prints ideal for direct-drive extruders.
Suggested Applications: Seals, gaskets, plugs, leveling feet, protective applications.
3mm available in .75kg (1.6lb) & 2.2kg (5lb) spools
1.75mm available in .5kg (1.1lb) & 2.2kg (5lb) spools
- ► Shore Hardness = 85A
- ► Truly flexible (no fill or layer manipulation required to achieve performance)
- ► 660% elongation allows for repeated movement and impact without wear or cracking
- ► Polyurethane composition allows for excellent vibration reduction
- ► Patented low friction exterior allows for smooth feeding
- ► Abrasion resistance 20% better than ABS and 68% better than PLA
- ► Consistent diameter and material properties providing reliable, high quality prints
- ► Chemical resistant to many materials, including naphtha, ASTM Oils #1-3, petroleum and freon
- ► Adheres to all standard build platforms without glue or tape
- ► REACH and RoHS 2002/95/EC Directive compliant
Extruder Temperature: 225°C – 235°C
Platform Temperature: Room temperature – 40°C
Glue and/ or blue painters tape is suggested if not using a heated bed.
Top and bottom layers: 10-20 mm/ sec (600-1200 mm/ min)
Infill speeds: 15-35 mm/ sec (900-2100 mm/ min)
Layer 2+ use cooling fan if available.
Tips & Tricks
We recommend printing in a well-ventilated area for use with all of our materials. TPE’s are capable of releasing small amounts of fumes at high temperatures.
Best results are achieved using a dremel or a hot knife for smoothing rough surfaces. It is also tolerant to cutting and light drilling as required for an application.
Connecting printed parts:
Welding is the best option. Plastic welders, soldering irons, wood burners or heat guns are ideal. NinjaFlex will also bond to other plastics using the same method.
NinjaFlex is available in pellet form and is useable for injection molding in addition to pellet extrusion.
NinjaFlex is not ideal for bridging, though it can handle some small areas in unsupported applications.
Occasional contact with water will have no adverse effect on NinjaFlex, but long-term exposure will degrade the material to the point in which its elastic properties will be reduced.
NinjaFlex is not recommended for long-term continuous outdoor use as it has no UV stabilizer. However, it does boast higher UV performance over ABS & PLA . Short term usage is suitable, with an estimated 4-6 months before seeing any degradation.
Neon (Glow in the dark)
5lb spools and custom color opportunities available!
Contact us for more information at +1-717-664-8254.
Made to order colors are available in minimum quantities.
Images licensed CC BY-SA 4.0, 2016 Aleph Objects, Inc.