The Functional Rigid Filament
Tired of fragile 3D printed parts? Armadillo 3D printing filament is a perfect alternative to some of the most common rigid materials on the market.
Armadillo filament is a high performing rigid material, providing 90% higher abrasion resistance than nylon materials. Its toughness ratings are superior to commonly used materials, 86 times greater than that of ABS. It is an excellent material to use for bridging, with virtually no warping issues.
When you need a rigid product that can withstand wear and tear, the Armadillo resistance to fracturing makes it a perfect replacement.
Suggested Applications: braces, fasteners, gears and protective covers.
Available in 1.75mm & 3mm (.5kg) spools.
- ► Shore Hardness = 75D
- ► Excellent bridging capabilities and virtually no warping
- ► Abrasion resistance 84% better than PLA and 60% better than ABS
- ► Chemical resistance to many materials, including naphtha, ASTM Oils #1-3, petroleum and freon
- ► Consistent diameter and material properties providing reliable, high quality prints
- ► No heated bed required. Build platform requires same prep as PLA
Extruder Temperature: 220°C – 230°C
Platform Temperature: Room temperature – 45°C
Glue or blue painters tape is suggested if not using a heated bed.
Top and bottom layers: 15-20 mm/ sec (900-1800 mm/ min)
Infill speeds: 45-60 mm/ sec (2700-3600 mm/ min)
Layer 2+ use cooling fan if available.
Made to order colors are available in minimum quantities.
Contact us for more information at +1-717-664-8254.
Images licensed CC BY-SA 4.0, 2016 Aleph Objects, Inc.