The Shop Floor Rigid Filament
Nylon 645 has a uniquely formulated profile that combines strength with excellent chemical resistance and a low coefficient of friction. The resulting formulation is a material that is highly functional across a broad range of industrial applications.
Suggested Applications: weight-bearing surfaces, parts subject to friction, tapped and threaded parts.BUY NOW – $44.99 »
Available in 1.75mm or 3mm .45kg (1lb) spools
- ► Shore Hardness = 85D
- ► Resistant to oils and grease for functional use where you need it most
- ► Low coefficient of friction and self-lubricating characteristics extend printed part life
- ► Chemical resistance to bases and weak acids
- ► Tolerant to post processing with dyes and ComPlete glue
- ► Best adherence to platform is achieved by coating clean glass with PVA at 45-50°C
Extruder Temperature: 245°C – 255°C
Platform Temperature: 30°C – 65°C
Print Speed: 40 mm/ sec (2400 mm/ min)
Nylon 645 will not stick to glass or aluminum print tables; using unfinished poplar wood, blue painters tape or Garolite (LE) as a platform has been found to work well. Best adherence to platform is achieved by coating clean glass with PVA at 45-50°C
Nylons can absorb moisture in as little as 18 hours; store in an environment with <25% relative humidity.
To ensure high quality prints dry filament before using it. Water vapor may produce nozzle to steam if filament is too wet.